Friday, January 9, 2009

The Journey Begins

Ah, the first entry of a blog. It is here that we extend our feelers, to better understand our role in reporting on a particular class. Coming in hot on the heels of the new year, I sat down with a little extra time on my hands and realized that there is a rather large hole in the WoW blogging community where Death Knights should be. As a new class, despite wild popularity, there are fewer places to go for information on our favorite corpsely ex-servants of the Lich King than for, say, a Hunter or Rogue.

So, armed with a love for writing as well as being rather enamored with the newest addition to the Blizzard family, I sat down on Blogspot to begin this little journey. For those who are interested in such things, I'll tell you a little about myself. My name is Justin, I'm 19, and I've been playing WoW for about a year and a couple months. While leveling I'm considered a casual player, and once at the level cap I tend to stray more towards the "hardcore" stigma. My current main is Phöne, a level 70 Gnome Death Knight. I'm specced 2/53/5, with my eventual spec being something like 5/53/13. As of now, his vocation is that of leveling tank. Once at 80, and after some gear gathering, I hope to use him as a Main Tank in my guild.

My other main character is a level 73 Hunter who will probably receive some loving sooner or later. But we don't really care about him, do we?

The main focus of this blog will be to report on Death Knight Tanking in all it's various forms, as well as chronicling my journey as a newbie tank and as a Death Knight. I look forward to getting to know anyone that happens to stumble upon this blog, and to being able to look back on this and truly get a gauge on my own progression as a tank and overall as a player.

For now, peace!

~Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment